Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mommies

"There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child."

I'm 24 years old and my mom is my best friend. We talk everyday, and not just once, I am pretty sure that we talk about 3-5 times a day and text message the rest of the day. So of course when we found out we were having a baby, it was just a given that no matter what she was going to come and stay with us for a while after they got here. So, among the other things that she did for us, she came to the hospital on the day that they were born, and she stayed with us and when we brought Kallison home she held her all night while brian and i got some much needed sleep. And she rocked her on many occasions, and when Aida was in the NICU she spent her days there with her and home at night while brian and I went to the hospital. And when they were both there we all went to the NICU to hold them. Then she left...but came back when they both came home. And she stayed up late nights with the girls, and woke up early for feedings, and massaged tummies for poop, and gave suppositories and took rectal temps. She cooked and cleaned. And gave tons of hugs and kisses. And took lots and lots of pictures. And then she had to go home. So she left yesterday, and we survived without her for the first 24 hours. But the time that she spent here was invaluable, and we could not thank her enough for everything that she did. And I hope that I have the opportunity one day to do that for my girls as she did for me and her mom did for her!!!
Thank you for every thing Mommy!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

No, I thank yall for allowing me to spend the time with you. There is no other place in the world that i would have rather been. It was a very special time and i am grateful that you and brian let me be a part of it! I love yall and the girls!!