Monday, May 5, 2008

Ok its official


We got our baby license or is it a diploma? Well we finished our "baby's first steps" class from Methodist hospital today and it was a great class four weeks from 6:30 - 9 or so and what did we learn? Well we learned a lot and tonight i changed a diaper, granted it was clean, and on an infant doll, but hey its a start right :). I'm sure there will be plenty of time to practice times two. Our instructor was really good and she was so energetic even when our class was fading after working all day and going to class all night. I think we learned a lot, like what babies really look like when they come out, hint hint its not the "gerber baby" look, so that was good, we also talked a lot tonight about the first few weeks what to expect, it was a great class all and all, especially since i have never really been around babies too much, except when I was a baby and almost dropped my brother. My parents tell me I wanted to take him back for a baby sister, well I guess in a round about way i got my wish times two. Its going to be a wild ride, and everyone is getting excited, 3 -5 weeks at the most and Kristi has been doing so well, she is definitely going to be a great mom, although she smacked the baby doll's head on the table pretty hard and that almost sent me into a laughing fit because of the last time see post: http://kbcordeau.blogspot.com/2008/04/baby-showers-and-baby-dropping.html for details. It was one of those, you had to be there moments, but luckily i was able to control myself. We also got signed up for CPR baby and regular for Saturday so that is good, I even get to take the health care professionals one because Kristi is a nurse.

Well I guess it is time for bed, it was a long day today. We need to sleep while we can :) 

0 comments: