Friday, March 21, 2008

Are you ready?

This is a question that is asked of me almost everyday. And i often so "No". But it is always with confidence, because somewhere along the way regardless of what all my books say and all the advice that people give, i have this wonderful image of brian and I being great parents and our children being perfect. so there really is no reason to be prepared. Well someone (i believe it was my mother) said " Kristi, in your head you are a very good mother right now and all of that sounds nice, but in reality that is not the way things work." Boy was I SHOCKED!!!!! But I have no fear and I am still in no hurry to get "prepared" I think brian and I are thinking "why prepare, when we can just wing it?" And if you know me and brian, then you know that is pretty much how we roll. I was reading one of my fabulous pregnancy books the other day and it talked about this thing called a "Birth Plan". And the stuff you are suppose to take to the hospital. Well up until a few weeks ago we didnt even know where the hospital was. But have no fear, we know now. But i was kinda thinking that when this time comes, I am going to stroll in to the hospital wearing my cutest baby delivery outfit, and get my epidural, and sleep the rest of the time, and when I wake they will be here. APPARENTLY, that is not how it works according to the discovery channel. 18 hours of labor and no drugs!!! you have got to be kidding me!!!! And she only had one! does that mean that it doubles for me? Cause, I'm not really into that.
I just wanted to reassure everyone that while we say we are not prepared, we really arent. but that it OK. we have no fear and are more than ready to accept the challenge without any planning.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you guys will be great parents! (Not that I'm prejudiced or anything). I love hearing about the girls and feel like we know them so well already. You're right about the planning part. Babies really teach you that you have to go with the flow...if they think that 2:00 in the morning is a good bedtime (like Brad did!), you learn to adjust to that. I'm am proud of both of you and am excited beyond belief.