Sunday, December 9, 2007

It's funny how...

Two words can make a big change in your life. Kristi an I have been through a lot of changes over the last 4.5 years starting with two words "I do" and beginning a life together.

Then two words changed both of our lives again when she said "I'm pregnant" ok well that is really three words if you get technical about it, but its early in the morning.

Now two more words have changed our lives, the words "uh oh" by the nurse in the ultrasound room. When I heard her say uh oh my heart sank because I thought something bad had happened and felt sick. Kristi jokingly said "There's not two in there is there?. A few minutes later the "uh oh" was revealed to us that there were twins. Talk about shocked, when the nurses and doc left we looked at each other and didn't know what to say, what do you say to that? Kristi handed me the keys and said, i think you need to drive us home, so we left and called our parents and everyone was ecstatic. We ended up going to Target that night and Office Depot because I wanted to get my intern at the office a thank you present. I think we were both walking around like zombies that night in shock that we would have the pitter patter of two little ones running around the house.

Kristi even made up a song:

"There are two there are two, one for me and one for you"....

It sounds funny the way she sings it LOL, we are excited and it kicked me into gear to get my Master's program done too, so i can focus on being a dad. June seems like a long ways a way, but I'm sure time will fly. Well I have to get back to my final, four more pages to go and I am done with the semester :).

0 comments: