Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The F word...

This week is Father’s day weekend and I look around and see the state of our fathers and it is really pitiful what has happened. Growing up I took it for granted that my Dad would be at my soccer games, serve as coach, and provide for our family. Now I look around and see so many families where dads just checked out of their kids lives. They may be there physically there but be away from their family. As a husband and dad I need to be there for my wife and kids by spending time daily loving on them. I know for my wife and kids L-O-V-E is spelled T-I-M-E. There has been a lot of talk about quality time vs quantity of time lately because as a society we are “busy” and I disagree in a distinction between the two. If we are too busy for things that matter it is time to look at where our time is spent. If I say I am too busy to spend time with my family what am I doing?? I was entrusted with my family from the Lord and it is not something to be taken lightly. When I come home and my girls give me a running hug from across the room that is one of the best parts of my day!! I pray that I will lead my family to feel this way about our Heavenly Father, that we will all run to Him and not put Him off because of other daily pursuits.

Time is our greatest gift from God and I want to treat it as such by allocating my time wisely.

John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

0 comments: