Friday, April 25, 2008

RE: The Awaited Arrival

Ha ha Daddy is not calm as Mommy thinks, he is just worried about other things right now, like how to finish a 25 page paper, a 10 page assignment and the other 1/2 of another 25 page paper, but somehow it will work itself out. And by somehow I mean I won't be sleeping much for the next two weeks...and then there will be about +- three weeks left till the arrival, and thats when the sleep really stops (so I'm told). We are getting prepared as we can by going to classes, spending lots of time together, and getting stuff around the house done, but i really don't think it will hit me until the day it all happens which is kind of weird i guess. You go to the hospital as a couple and come home as a family. You go only having to worry about yourselves and you come home with two babies who depend on you for everything. That is pretty heavy, luckily we have a great support system around us even though our families are far away in Houston and Midland/Odessa they have already done so much for us and are going to help us the first month try to get organized and into a routine which will help out ALOT. Here's a fun article about new dads http://www.divinecaroline.com/article/22116/36160-top-ten-things-new-dad its a funny one and serious one.

Also the reason I am up I think, besides the Coke zero from Steve at 2p, the Coffee (from Joe Momma's) I had at 4p after our doc appt and the Diet Coke I had during class, is because of a text message from my parents with an early anniversary surprise, we are staying on the Riverwalk this weekend courtesy of my parents. Love yall.

Oh yeah and while we are doing that the grandmas and Tia are going to be decorating the nursery so we will have some good pictures up on Sunday, I told you, they are great!!!

0 comments: